Time Commitment: Anytime / 1-2 times a month
Location: Home based - Client's home
We are a Family Service Centre who works with over 500 families from low income groups. As a voluntary welfare organisation, we work closely with volunteers to support the work that we do with the families and in particular the children.
- We are looking for a volunteer to befriend a father in his 50's through casual chats and ideally to engage him in his interest, which is fishing. The family is stable but the father has an eye condition which has caused him to be almost totally visually impaired.
- The volunteer will play a key role to engage the father in casual chit chats, and social and recreational activities to help him to continue living an active and meaningful lifestyle.
- The meeting date, time and place can be arranged according to the volunteer's and our client's convenience.
- Anyone who enjoys people interaction, willing to spend some time once or twice a month to engage this father of youths stay active and happy.
- It will be a bonus if you have an interest in fishing as his passion is in fishing. But it is not a must.
- Good listening skills. Willingness to to engage our client in social and recreational activities.
What's the impact?
You will play a pivotal role in helping a motivated and positive father of youths, stay happy and positive as he moves on to the next phase of his illness, which will lead to the permanent visual impairment.
Last date to apply is 30/06/2017. To apply click here.