Organisation: Beyond Awesome
Time Commitment: 2 hours per session, at least 3 sessions a month.
Will also be required to participate in team meetings which are held on a regular basis and each take approx 1.30 hours.
Location: Tan Boon Liat Building
At Beyond Awesome, youth explore the world around them and discover friendships and their potential in life. We outreach to youth in Singapore who are under-served, at a disadvantage (whether financially or otherwise specified to us) and do not have opportunities to unleash their full potential in life.
- Work together with our passionate team of teachers + educators
- Provide international-standard, quality education
- Research, Plan, Create and Lead learning sessions that see about 20-30 students each week
- Create Curriculum
- Find ways of improving our program
- Find ways to provide impact to our students that can be measured
- Knowledge and Experience working with primary school-age students
- Creative and Innovative
- Quick thinker, the ability to think on your feet is a must as no session will ever go to plan or will ever be the same
- Team Player
- Restorative Practices experience a bonus but not a must.
- The ability to motivate reluctant learners
- Patience and Empathy
- Share our vision and core values
- We prefer individuals who have experience working with primary school students.
- We welcome teachers/educators from across the Globe
What's the impact:
You will be working with over 160+ students from a diverse background but all face challenging home situations. Without you, students will not be able to access fun, meaningful learning experiences. Some of our students are under child protective services, live in crisis shelters or are not receiving any parental care and guidance in their home environment. The impact you make will not be quantitative but qualitative. You will see your students connect with you on a much deeper level and really appreciate your presence. A lot of our students crave a listening ear, someone to value who they are and who believes in their ability to reach their full potential in life! You will personally be able to witness behavioural, emotional, mental and physical transformations!
Last date to apply is 31/01/2017. To apply click here.