Time Commitment: Timing is flexible. 2-3 times a week
Location: Office based
We are a Family Service Centre who works with over 500 families from low income groups. As a voluntary welfare organisation, we work closely with volunteers to support the work that we do with the families and in particular the children.
- We have a client who is 10 years old and unable to attend school because of immigration issues.
- We are looking for a volunteer to help to teach her basic literacy and numeracy at our Center.
- It will be ideal if the volunteer is able to commit 2 - 3 times a week, in the afternoon, for 1.5 hours for each learning session. Books and materials will be provided.
- Ideally, the volunteer may be a trained professional in the education sector. However, a parent who has had the experience of being involved in their children's education will be good for the role too.
- Past experience in teaching and/or parenting children.
- Patience in working with a child who has very basic literacy in the English language but is keen to learn.
- Able to commit for a minimum period of 6 months, for 1 -2 times per week on week days.
- Books and materials will be provided.
What's the impact?
You will play an important role in motivating and encouraging a young child who is not able to be enrolled in school in her learning journey.
Last date to apply is 29/12/2017. To apply click here.