Position: WEConnect International Regional Manager for Grants and Events in Southeast Asia
Location: Singapore or Malaysia (near Singapore) – must have legal status to work in Singapore
Reporting to: WEConnect International Regional Director for Asia Pacific
Level of Effort: This is a full-time expected level of effort; on an individual contract basis.
Desired Experience: Three-to-five years of related work experience.
Language: Ideal candidate is fluent in English and speaks one of these languages: Bahasa Indonesian; Malay; Tagalog; Vietnamese;Chinese (Mandarin)
Main Purpose: To provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to WEConnect International in Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines and other countries as agreed to, in accordance with the core values and purpose and in cooperation with WEConnect International including:
- To develop, in collaboration with WEConnect International HQ, a development and outreach strategy to grow the number of women-owned businesses in WEConnect’s network in the target countries
- To serve as the main point-of-contact for women-owned businesses in the specified countries that are in the WEConnect International database
- To development and manageme 5-6 events for WEConnect International in Southeast Asia in 2018;
- To enhance corporate and public sector support for women business owners in the target countries;
- To ensure that WEConnect International in Southeast Asia continues to play a key role and makes the best possible contribution to WEConnect International’s objectives and strongly participates in the development of the global strategy; and
- Fluent in English and one other language: Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia); Malay; Tagalog; Vietnamese; Chinese
- Entrepreneurial experience and vision, including experience running a non-profit and/or company or have held leadership positions in previous organizations
- Experience in relationship management, including customer facing roles
- Understanding of the needs of women business owners, women’s economic empowerment initiatives, and a commitment to gender equality
- Experience developing, implementing and budgeting for events of 15-500 attendees
- Must excel in written and in-person communication
- Experience working with multinational corporations, a plus
- Experience in grant management, a plus
- Independent, but collaborative and responsive to HQ communications
- Able to travel, if required, to events (potentially 5-6 trips per year), primarily internationally
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of strategic management responsibility, team building and leadership
- Must demonstrate the ability to project and manage budgets
- Ability to monitor and report upon activity and evaluate impact
- Be a skilled networker and partnership player with the ability to influence others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and IT skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with government, corporate, SME and NGO networks
- Ability to set and meet targets
- Awareness of procurement practices nationally and internationally
- Ability to work both independently and in teams, demonstrating initiative and responsibility
- Previous working experience in multi-cultural and international environments
WEConnect International is a global non-profit that works with partners to increase opportunities for women-owned businesses to succeed in an increasingly competitive global economy. WEConnect International also delivers innovations and interventions that support women business owners seeking access to business knowledge and powerful networks. WEConnect International corporate members represent over US $1 trillion in annual purchasing power. WEConnect International partners with a range of supporting organizations to promote businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women. It seeks to certify women-owned businesses so that they have access to the global value chains of multinational corporations through the WEConnect International eNetwork.
Consulting services include the following:
- Oversee deliverables under the supervision of the Regional Director for Asia Pacific and report on metrics;
- Responsible for ensuring certifications are processed and assessments conducted with due diligence;
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to broaden the peer and professional network for WEConnect;
- Promote WEConnect International, its projects and organizational goals to build awareness of the WEConnect International brand in the target countries;
- Develop programs and membership support through various activities such as monthly events sponsored by membership companies;
- Certify women-owned businesses; and
- Participate in annual WEConnect International conference in the United States.
- Form partnerships with national stakeholders in target markets that lead to women-owned businesses becoming WEConnect International certified or self-registered.
- Manage advisory council of corporate members active in promoting contracting opportunities for women-owned businesses.
- Directly expose women entrepreneurs to the concept of supplier diversity and inclusion through participation in local or online events, making women business owners aware of WEConnect International programs.
- Promote self-registration on the WEConnect International eNetwork to women-owned businesses, leading to women business owners who are connected to an international network to grow their businesses.
- Provide market access training to women entrepreneurs, leading to certified businesses that will have increased access to global supply chains and visibility as certified companies within corporate supplier diversity programs.
- Develop program agenda, organize, and manage logistics for events in Singapore and other countries in the region, as directed by and in collaboration with the WEConnect International Regional Director for Asia Pacific.
- Manage marketing and communication materials and outreach to stakeholders in Singapore and countries in the region, including, but not limited to: Indonesia, Vietnam, and Philippines.
Application Submission: Interested candidates should submit a proposal to the Regional Director for Asia Pacific to email@example.com