Established in 1997, the organisation originally functioned as a National Committee of the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM). In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. As part of this process, UNIFEM merged with other women’s entities under the United Nations to form UN Women, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact.
Reports to: Director, Operations
To take lead and responsibility for raising awareness and advocacy as per the organisation’s mandate and to engage members of the community through initiatives, events and activities related to ending violence against women, economic empowerment and promoting leadership and governance.
- Public Education Initiatives
- Manage and be responsible for the Public Education team
- Develop, plan and coordinate all public education events and activities, logistics and implementation and resource allocation, including budget planning
- Conduct feasibility studies before a proposed event / project is implemented
- Consolidate event feedback to assess process efficiencies and optimal use of resources
- Produce reports with key attributes to assess budget, reach and impact
- Present the report findings to the Board as and when necessary
- Recruit, manage and train volunteers where required
- Oversee and support the Youth Team
- Maintain and nurture excellent relationship management with existing partners and key stakeholders.
- Explore and grow new partnerships to promote and improve all public education activities
- Develop grant proposals and actively seek / engage on funding opportunities to sustain public education initiatives
- Maintain and ensure an updated list of all the contacts for partners, sponsors, vendors and service providers to enable import into the CRM database for ready access when required
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to develop the marketing collaterals for the events and assist with social media outreach
- Maintain clear channels of communication within the team and the organisation
- Passion and knowledge about women’s rights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team players
- Ability to think out of the box
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- A Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, Event Management, Social Sciences or Marketing, with minimum work experience of 3 years.
- Applicants not holding the required qualifications are still encouraged to apply, only if they have extensive experience in the areas above.
- Experience in working with multi-national organisations to address social issues
- Executing global campaigns in the local context
- Managing wide reaching events
- Meet inspiring change-makers in Singapore
Only Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Dependent Pass holders will be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your CV along with an email/letter addressing your experience and skills to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Events and Fundraising Associate (application from Expatgiving).