The individual will assist the manager to engage members of the community through all awareness raising events and activities related to ending violence against women, economically empowering women and promoting leadership and governance, while simultaneously fulfilling UN Women’s mandate of public awareness and fundraising and furthering brand recognition in the region.
Under the guidance of the manager, she or he will be working in a fast-pace environment and be responsible (but not limited) to:
- Develop, plan and coordinate all public education and outreach events and activities
- Be responsible for report back and impact tracking for all activities
- Manage partnerships to promote and improve all public education outreach and activities
- Manage volunteers for all public education activities
- Promote events and maintain brand image through social media
- Other duties as assigned
- are passionate and knowledgeable about women’s rights
- can multi-task and event organize
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have ability to think out of the box and constantly find new ways to engage the youth
- is a team player and is passionate about getting things done
- is fluent in speaking and writing in English
- is familiar with Microsoft Office and popular social media platforms. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and CS InDesign would be an added advantage.
A Diploma or a Bachelor Degree in Communications, Journalism, Event Management, Social Sciences or Marketing. Should you not hold the academic qualifications mentioned, applicants are still encouraged to apply, only if they have extensive experience in the areas above.
What you can expect from your time with us:
- Experience in working with multi-national organisations to address social issues
- Executing regional campaigns
- Managing international events
- Meet inspiring young change-makers from around the region.
Only Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Dependent Pass holders will be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Interested candidates may apply by emailing their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: Public Education Associate (application from Expatgiving).