Assist the Director, Operations with Administration, Secretarial, Office Management and Finance processing tasks.
Under the guidance of the Director, Operations, she or he will be working in a fast-pace environment and be responsible for (but not limited to):
Cashiering duties (Once a month)
- Oversee and take ownership of the accounting process of outgoing payments and incoming funds,
working with a third party accounting firm
- Process Salaries, Staff Claims, CPF Submissions and Income Tax forms
- Reconciliation of bank statements and other accounts
- Issue cheques for payments, when needed
- Bank errands such as completion of forms, obtaining signatures and depositing cheques
- File vendor invoices, payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers, incoming transfer advices and cash
- Obtain approvals for large expenses
- Coordinate with book keeper to issue management reports and ensure correctness
- Update the Manpower Costs excel sheet every quarter
Audit (Once a year)
- Ensure reconciliation of financials and audit readiness by the end of the fiscal year, including the major fundraisers
- Ensure accuracy of revenue tracking reports for the fundraisers
- Preparation / coordination of AGM materials, financials, etc.
- Obtain signatures from board members for various documents.
- File all partnership contracts, vendor contracts, grant agreements and paper trails for audit purposes
and future reference
- Issue letters for various purposes e.g. letters of appreciation to volunteers
- Membership and Monthly giving administration
- Minute taking will be necessary from time to time
- Answer and re-direct general email and telephone inquiries to the relevant staff member
- Ensure adequate stationery in the office
- Check the mailbox and ensure mail is redirected to the correct staff or taken action on by yourself
- Ensure equipment in the office is working: telephones, air-con and electrician services, printer toners, handyman and cleaning services
- Monitor and process meeting room bookings and to reconcile against invoices
- Coordinate trouble shooting for IT issues with IT vendor
Recruitment and Human Resources (ongoing)
- Assist in posting staff or intern Job Descriptions for the required positions on multiple platforms
- Compile and direct CVs to hiring managers
- Assist in scheduling interviews and communication with prospective candidates
Experience and Core Competencies:
- 1-3 years of accounting and general administration experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience in accounting practices; hands-on experience on any accounting
software is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/Word skills
What we are looking for:
- Individuals who are self-starters, passionate and knowledgeable about women’s rights
- Ability to be part of a team that makes a difference to empower women in Singapore and the region
- Meticulous and able to Multi-task and event organize
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/Word skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box and constantly find new ways to engage the youth
- Team player and passionate about getting things done
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Position will be commensurate with relevant experience.
A Diploma or a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, or Social Sciences. Should you not hold the academic qualifications mentioned above, applicants are still encouraged to apply, only if they have extensive experience in the areas above.
What you can expect from your time with us:
- Experience in working with multi-national organisations to address social issues
- Executing global campaigns in the local context
- Managing wide reaching events
- Meet inspiring change-makers in Singapore
Please note that housing, visas, and travel will not be covered.
Only Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Dependent Pass holders will be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Interested candidates may apply by emailing their CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.