Time Commitment: One time training for 3 hours - Time: 10am - 1pm.
Actual volunteering will be reoccurring opportunities over the course of a year
Location: Mirror Image Academy, 531A Upper Cross Street, #03-112, S 051531
For over a decade, ONE (SINGAPORE) has been dedicated to raising public awareness and taking concrete actions to Make Poverty History. We believe in a world where no one is impoverished, be it here at home or overseas.
We are currently in the midst of of a $10 Campaign which is an advocacy and fundraising effort which will create an emergency fund to benefit low-income families and provide for needs such as medical costs, school fees or utility bills. Additionally, it will support ONE (SINGAPORE)'s research and advocacy efforts to create long-term solutions to eradicate poverty.
We require volunteers for our $10 campaign and thus we are excited to hold a training for our potential volunteers. Without volunteers our work would not be possible!
Training will be held June 10th from 10-1pm at Mirror Image Academy.
- We are looking for dedicated volunteers to be a part of street teams which will assist with raising awareness about the campaign and fundraising within the greater Singapore Community and/or on their campuses and smaller communities.
- The training will include:
- Introduction to ONE (SINGAPORE) and the $10 Campaign
- The do's and don't's of street fundraising
- Role playing of fundraising scenarios and much more
- This training is open to anyone 16 and over who wants to volunteer and help us Make Poverty History! We will be training volunteers so that they can contribute appropriately to the campaigning process.
- No prior skills required other than knowledge of English.
What's the impact:
Street fundraising is a vital part of campaigning and collecting funds for a Non-Governmental Organisation. We are looking to raise both awareness for the otherwise unrecognized level of poverty in Singapore and simultaneously raise money through the $10 campaign to provide money for an Emergency fund for those in urgent situations as well as a fund for Research & Advocacy efforts.
Last date to apply is 09/06/2018. To apply click here.