Time commitment: Min. 6 months
Daughters Of Tomorrow (DOT) is a registered charity organization in Singapore whose mission is to facilitate livelihood opportunities for underprivileged women, and support them in building financially independent and resilient families. Our beneficiaries are women aged 20 to 60 who are from low-income families ($200 to $500 per capita per month), mostly living in government subsidized rental flats, and facing multiple stressors in their families. DOT comes in to complement and support existing training and workforce-related agencies by connecting volunteers and community resources to enable each woman on an individual level. By deep-diving into practical day-to-day constraints of these women, we offer hand-holding and individual coaching to help each woman reach regular and sustained employment.
- To reach out to women (clients) targeted by DOT and our partner AWARE to get an in-depth understanding of their needs and challenges, especially those that relate to employment and employability.
- Provide friendship and be an information source between DOT/AWARE and clients.
- To refer the women for support programs available such as Confidence Curriculum, Helpline, Counselling or others.
- Good people skills, resourceful, empathetic, patient.
- Establishing a system of contacting assigned clients to complete required interviews.
- Conducting needs assessment interviews / follow-up reports using a form provided.
- Submitting reports in a timely manner through email, and elaborating through phone calls with DOT’s personnel when required.
- Keep in touch with beneficiaries (clients) at your own availability to maintain a source of friendship and support to assigned women.
What's the impact?
A DOT Befriender helps us to reach and understand the needs and circumstances of our women clients so that we can channel appropriate and customized support to them in their back-to-work journey. Regular touchpoints through Befriender visits also helps us provide continuity and consistency in the relationships and services that are established with them.
To apply follow this link.