Organisation: South Central Community Family Service Centre
Time commitment: At least once a month.
Location or place: Block 5 Lower Delta Road
South Central Community Family Service Centre provides support to the low-income and vulnerable families in the community. While giving support to families who seek help in financial, social or relationship issues, we encourage community self-help and cooperation.
We are looking for volunteers for our Family Partnership Platform. (FPP). The objective of FPP is to provide encouragement, help, mentoring and befriending to member families by volunteers, supporting them as they journey towards transformational change in their lives, and with longer term goals of moving out of poverty.
- Visit families on a regular basis.
- Engage family members in casual chit chat.
- Be an extended family to the family and link between family and the Centre.
- Provide feedback and raise concerns/needs to staff.
- 21 years old and above.
- Fluency in English/Mandarin/Malay/Tamil and/or local Dialects.
- Patient and have a genuine willingness to listen.
- Able to work with families from diverse backgrounds and religious beliefs.
- Comfortable working with families in their residence.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strict compliance to observing confidentiality of information pertaining to the family attached to in the course of volunteering.
- A good listening ear and an open mind to work with families facing challenging situations, move out of the poverty cycle.
What's the impact:
Volunteer will play a pivotal role in journeying with a family, with the support of staff, towards a transformational change.
To apply click here.