Time Commitment: Once a month
Location: Beneficiary's home
Me Too! Club is a new programme of MINDS planned to enhance the social integration of people with intellectual disabilities (PWIDs) through leisure activities and befriending activities. It is best suited for PWIDs who cannot participate in community-based services due to health reasons and/or other reasons or would prefer a less intensive programme. Me Too! Club offers age-appropriate activities that cater to the interests of persons with moderate to severe disabilities. Activities include weekly leisure/enrichment activities, monthly outings, and home visits for befriending the clients.
- Join weekday activities at least once a month (2-3 hours) on Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday.
- Plan &/or execute activities for adults with intellectual disabilities (clients)
- Prepare materials for activities &/or home visits together with other volunteers
- Conduct home visits to our clients at least 1x/week (may be conducted after working hours/on weekends)
- Fill & submit home visit log within 1 week of every home visit
- Anyone interested
- Volunteers are encouraged to join with an open mind to learn and grow with each other
To apply click here.