Time commitment: Once per week; 15 sessions (3hrs weekly)
South Central Community Family Service Centre provides support to the low-income and vulnerable families in our community. While giving support to families who seek help in financial, social or relationship issues, we encourage community self-help and cooperation.
Volunteers must be able to commit for 14 sessions (3hrs) and undergo a 3 hour training session.
Volunteers will read with children (in pairs or in small groups), listen to children reading aloud, engage in discussion with the children to build up their confidence and skills.
- Educational attainment: At least O levels or its equivalent.
- Have understanding of basic grammar usage.
- Comfortable and adept in English language
- Patient with children especially when they are unmotivated.
- Can commit to 15 sessions (3hrs) on Thursday afternoons
Your positive and constructive engagement with children who are struggling learners will make a real difference.
Please email Teresa if you are interested.