Time commitment: 30/05/2017 to 30/05/2018
Place: North, Central, Northwest
Care Corner Singapore Ltd is a multiservice social agency which seeks to impact the lives of people in Singapore by providing care and sharing love. We do this through a network of services including family service centres, senior services, children and youth services, special needs and other specialist services such as counselling and family violence intervention. We are a charity with an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status and a member of the National Council of Social Services (NCSS). Our services are offered to all, regardless of race, language or religion. Care Corner believes that strong and stable families are the foundation upon which community is built, and that a vibrant family life is fundamental to the growth of individuals. As such, our focus is on serving, strengthening and supporting families. We serve and positively impact more than 50,000 beneficiaries each year with our team of dedicated staff, volunteers and partners through our range of social services and centres.
To provide befriending support to seniors e.g. chit chat, listening to them, engage in simple games, music etc. The befriender will also help provide feedback to the caseworkers on the well-being of the senior.
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Able to offer 1-2 hours per week to visit seniors at their home during the day (either mornings or afternoons)
- Able to fill up a simple form after each visit and feedback to staff regularly about senior's well-being.
- No Experience Required as short training will be provided.
- Ability to converse in dialects and Malay will be an advantage
Click here to apply.