Time commitment: At least 1 day a week, for at least 3 months
Place: Admiralty / Queenstown
Care Corner Singapore Ltd is a multiservice social agency which seeks to impact the lives of people in Singapore by providing care and sharing love. We do this through a network of services including family service centres, senior services, children and youth services, special needs and other specialist services such as counselling and family violence intervention. We are a charity with an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) status and a member of the National Council of Social Services (NCSS). Our services are offered to all, regardless of race, language or religion. Care Corner believes that strong and stable families are the foundation upon which community is built, and that a vibrant family life is fundamental to the growth of individuals. As such, our focus is on serving, strengthening and supporting families. We serve and positively impact more than 50,000 beneficiaries each year with our team of dedicated staff, volunteers and partners through our range of social services and centres.
The volunteer will play an important role to undertake front desk duties and in engaging the community through program initiatives:
● Handling of calls and attending to walk-in clients
● Handling queries and providing relevant information on our services to callers
● Administrative support for centre's Intake & Referral service
● Render support to centre's existing and pilot programmes and projects
● Handling of incoming calls, messages and attending to walk-ins
● Attending to enquiries and documents received through centre email and fax and dissemination to relevant staff
● Provide administrative support in processing of Intake & Assessment (I&A) data through database update and maintenance and filing of I&A forms
● At least 21 years old
● Pleasant personality
● Able to commit regularly for at least 1 day a week, for at least 3 months
● Meticulous, Independent, Hardworking and Responsible
● Good Listener
● Pleasant personality
● Possess good communication skills
● Bilingual in English and a second language
● IT skills - Microsoft Word & Excel
● Effectively bilingual in English and one other language
What's the impact?
Able to play a important role in helping the centres to inetrface with the community and reach out to and help more people.
Last date to apply is 31st Dec 2017. Click here to apply.