Time commitment: from 3 days (2 hours per day) to a weekly visit of one hour each for 6 weeks
Junior Achievement Singapore (JA) is one of the world’s largest non-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. Incorporated in 2008, JA gained charity status in 2010. JA is supported by leading organizations in Singapore, some of which are represented on their Board. Since January 2008, JA Singapore has educated over 130,000 students from Kindergarten to JC2 about work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. JA's programs use hands-on activities to help young people understand the economics of life. In partnership with businesses and educators, JA Singapore brings the real world to students, opening their minds to their potential.
As a volunteer, you will facilitate discussions and activities, add your personal experience where appropriate, and encourage teamwork and leadership skills with your class.
Role of a JA Volunteer
- Be committed and make yourself available for the duration of the program
- Facilitate the JA syllabus, using available materials
- Facilitate a minimum of one activity per visit (as per the syllabus provided in the JA program kit)
- Follow through on promises made to teacher, class or school
- Exchange mobile and work numbers with JA and your volunteer partner
- Maintain consistent communication with the classroom teacher or teacher-in-charge and the JA office
- Communicate schedule changes to JA office
- Secure a class roster early on in order to prepare certificates Complete the program evaluation at the end of the program
- Last, but not least: have a fun and rewarding experience!
Last Date of Application: 15 October 2018
Please click here to apply.