Time Commitment: Various shifts
Place: CCF@KKH or CCF@NUH
CCF helps children who are newly diagnosed with cancer and undergoing active treatment with their hospital experience. We offer emotional, financial and social support, with a focus on therapeutic play for the children and support activities for their caregivers. Our social workers and counsellors are sited in KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) and the National University Hospital (NUH) to work alongside our medical partners in the paediatric oncology wards.
The aim of this Play Personnel programme is to provide an avenue for a child to have fun even in hospital, a place they associate with pain and isolation.
- Engage children with cancer in structured play activities at the hospital ward, outpatient clinic and CCF's Family Resource Centres at NUH/KKH
- Help sterilise toys, prepare art & craft activities and/or run group activities
- 18 years old and above
- Patient, enjoy interacting and playing with children
- Able to handle oneself in a mature and professional manner
- Sense of responsibility and punctuality
- Compulsory vaccination against mumbs, measles, rubella and chicken pox (or has a history of chicken pox)
1) Play Personnel at KKH
Morning Session: 9.30am to 12.30pm
Afternoon Session: 2.00pm to 5.30pm
2) Play Personnel at NUH
Morning Session: 10.00am to 12.30pm
Afternoon Session: 2.00pm to 5.00pm
To apply follow this link.